For next year, it is predicted that will be continuous decline in using legacy browsers and an increase in support for exciting, new web technologies. The transition would empower developers to create faster apps that perform in a consistent manner across all devices and being on-par with the capability and speed of native applications as well. The following are ten of the web development and design trends for the next year.
3. More 3D web shenanigans – there are many very intelligent developers taking advantage of the 3D capabilities of modern browsers already. It is expected to have an increase in support for CSS3 3D transforms, a mobile-friendly, lightweight method of rendering 3D graphics.
4. Flat Design – is what is visually up front. The removal of bevels, patterns, shadows and textures is what makes a design flat. It is simple yet elegant with clean lines and has elements that look minimalistic and smooth on a flat screen using vibrant colors that help bring the site to life.
5. Front-end framework evolution – there would be further enhancement with the workflow of developers. Another is the front-end development stack that includes testing server, front-end framework of choice, task-runner, and seamless integration with any platform, dependency management and easy deployment via command line or GUI.
6. Typography – typographic art is the new medium of sophistication and style that could be easily added to sites as part of a marketing campaign. High quality fonts now are available at a reasonable price for standard printing.
7. Getting creative with cookies – one of the challenges next year would be finding an unobtrusive, creative method of delivering the message. Enhancement would be to provide the user the power to sort through the cookies and inform them clearly what each is doing, allowing them to enable or disable any of the ones in the site.
8. Responsive design – it would be mandatory as there is a need to see all new apps and websites built to respond to every imaginable device.
9. Huge images – pictures have always been a great way of expressing ideas online as with the popularity of Instagram. An excellent method is using powerful images with text overlay to market ideas to users fast.
10. Infographics – along with huge images, the infographics are a great way of displaying much information in one space. It takes a good combination of words and pictures to tell a story that’s informative and entertaining.